The New York City market is dominated by the entertainment & media, tech, and life sciences industries. A healthy mix of large, established companies and brand new startups provide the makeup of the roles that are being offered in the New York area. Locally, trends are evolving and specific technologies are higher in demand.
- The demand for Full Stack Engineers has outgrown the need for front end or back end specific roles.
- SDET is becoming more popular as the demand for people who can code grows. This is regardless of QA level.
- Across the board, project managers are considered to be competitive when they have strong agile fundamentals.
- There has been a sharp rise in the amount of contract / consulting roles within product management space.
- “Mobile is huge” – There is a high demand for seasoned mid or senior level developers with proven professional experience.